- May is Teen Self-Esteem Month! - May 29, 2020
- We've Missed You!! - April 29, 2020
- Handling Orthodontic Issues at Home - April 6, 2020
- What does the office closure mean for your treatment? - March 31, 2020
- Questions and Answers for Patients During the Coronavirus Outbreak - March 26, 2020
Being a teen is rough, and the COVID-19 pandemic has added a new set of challenges. In any time, teens are worried about getting good grades, making friends, fitting in, and trying to find their niche in which they can excel. With all these external pressures, self-confidence can make all the difference. May is National Teen Self-Esteem month, so it’s a perfect time to talk about ways to build self-esteem in our teens. At Christenson Family Orthodontics, we love seeing both the physical and emotional transformations that occur from the beginning to the end of orthodontic treatment!
Can orthodontic treatment help improve your self-esteem?
Absolutely! Your smile is the first thing others notice about you. And when you have a beautiful, confident smile, you are perceived as being friendlier and more intelligent by your peers. For all of us (teens and adults alike!), how others view us has a huge influence on how we see ourselves.
If you don’t like your teeth, you are less likely to smile and engage with others. It may be the overlap (or crowding) of your teeth, gaps between your teeth, an overbite, or an underbite. Orthodontists are trained to treat all these conditions.
Braces are not just for self-esteem!
Aligning your teeth and correcting your bite will make you more excited to show off your smile, but it will also help protect your teeth and gums in the long run.
- Crooked, over-lapping teeth are harder to keep clean.
- Spaces between teeth can leave your gums subject to trauma when you’re eating.
- Teeth that don’t fit together properly are more likely to have abnormal wear, chipping, or fracturing.
Orthodontics is about creating beautiful AND healthy smiles!
Christenson Family Orthodontics can help!
At Christenson Family Orthodontics, we use traditional braces, clear braces, and clear aligners (like invisalign)to transform our patients’ smiles. No matter which treatment you choose, the results will be the same: a beautiful smile you are proud to show off! Call us for a complementary consultation to see how Dr. Christenson and Dr. Oakley can transform your smile!